Newcastle’s School of Historical Studies currently provides the following undergraduate courses relevant to the subject of Medical History:
- Madness, Nerves and Narratives in Georgian Britain, ca 1714-1830 (HIS3203)
- Birth Control in the Ninteenth and Twentieth Centuries (HIS3221)
- Approaches to the History of Western Medicine (HIS2078)
- Women and Social Reform: South Asia, c.1800-1950 (HIS3126)
- Human Dissection in Antiquity (CAC2045/3045)
- The Long Shadow of Melancholy (CAC2056/3056)
Medical students can take their Special Studies Component (SSC) in topics related to history of medicine.